Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Where have I been?


Been doing some soul searching.

I remember back in 2006 praying to God to give me something to help pull me out of the well of depression I had found myself in. Soon after, I taught myself how to create rosaries. It gave me great peace and was very theraputic for me through my post-partum depression.

I had decided then to share my rosaries with as many people as possible by offering them for sale. I stumbled across Etsy and the rest was history.

I noticed recently that every time I got away from what started me in the handmade community -- as far as jewelry making is concerned -- the success of my shop falters. Not sure if it means anything, but...

I'm going back to basics.

After the jewelry currently in my shop sells out (or I get tired of waiting for it to go, whichever comes first), I'm going to go back to creating rosaries and chaplets. I'm also going to go back to donating 10% of all the proceeds to a different charity every month; tithing being one Catholic concept I have absolutely NO problem with.

Doesn't mean I'm closing my other shops -- no way there. Doesn't mean I'll cease being a crazy old lady who can be occasionally random. Just going back to the beginning.

Luke 6:38 folks.

0 comments:

 

GFT Designs © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner